WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Packing The Shop Up
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:45 pm 
Veteran

Im home guys, Ive been here for about 2 weeks now. Spent a week in a hotel while i got my home in order, getting it ready to move into repair the mess the renters left me.

So We are in the home but none of our furniture has arrived yet. Tomorrow our Unaccompanied baggage(UB) is arriving. Thats a big step. It all our dishes , pots pans, clothes, bicycles etc. At least we wont feel like we are living out of a suit case any longer. We have since our stuff got shipped 23-34 of May. Well the rest of our stuff should be rolling in soon. Ill make a few phone calls tomorrow to see where the stuff is and when I can expect it.

Kind of hard repairing renter damage with no tools huh?

Anyway it does feel great to be home, even though we were gone for 4 years it feels as though we never left. Man I love this great country of ours...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:39 pm 
Veteran

Glad to hear you're back in the house, Ron. I know it will take a while to get things humming and I wish I were close enough to lend a hand, but you're right. Our country IS the best and it needs all of us to keep it from going under right now.
Holler if you think of some way I might help!

Don

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:00 am 
Veteran

Thanks for the offer Don, Im good right now, My HHG (house hold furniture /tools) should be delivered on the 24th.Hoping nothing comes up missing or broken.

Ill let the wife set up the house, Ill set up my shop :>D.

Lots of things to keep me busy. The renters did some "improvements" that I have to tear down . But hey, gives me something to do i my retirement right :>D

Going to play around alot with outdoor oil for finishes for the outdoor projects i have on tap.

Being in my own home once more setting up my shop is going to be fun . Its going to have a entire new layout Ive had 4 years to think about it :>D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:18 pm 
Veteran

Tools came yesterday, Did a inventory, looks like Im missing my one time tool from Woodpeckers a 45cm triangle. Im hoping its there in the pile of stuff I still got to go through . Man we picked up a lot of stuff overseas furniture and bits wise