WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:01 am
Posts: 4404
Location: Northern Maine and out of the city.
Just wanted to drop in and say hi. :-D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 am
Posts: 3843
Location: Skagit Co WA
Nice to hear from you, L.B.

_________________
Nullum Gratuitum Prandium

Cheers - Dennis


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Cypress, TX
Yes, LB. There are still a few of us around.
It does seem like all the discussion forums I attend are really slowing down.
A fishing forum I attend used to really be popular. Now there have been no postings in months.
My cannon forum is slowing down too.
I don't see postings from a lot of the oldtimers that used to post daily.

Are discussion forums dying?
Is it because of Facebook, Twitter and other channels that primarily use a phone to post?

I don't know.
Zulu

_________________
Zulu's website
http://www.jmelledge.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
Zulu wrote:

Are discussion forums dying?
Is it because of Facebook, Twitter and other channels that primarily use a phone to post?

I don't know.
Zulu


I'm sure that's part of it. That and most of the younger generation just doesn't "get" woodworking and other old guy activities. I don't have a modern phone, and don't do FB, Twitter, Snapchat or the dozens of others that compete for 5 sec of somebodies eyeballs. Got better things to do than walk in front of a bus while texting. :roll:

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:01 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Linwood, Ma, USA, The Center of the known universe
hey Bear where you been, been missing seeing you beautiful canoes. yea we are still here, and yes it has slowed down some but it always does in summer, people are too busy, I am not too busy, I am RETIRED.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 1999 1:01 am
Posts: 577
Location: Monroe,NC USA
I don't post much, but I drop by almost every day.

ted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 1999 12:01 am
Posts: 1693
Location: Dublin, OH
Gene wrote:
Zulu wrote:

Are discussion forums dying?
Is it because of Facebook, Twitter and other channels that primarily use a phone to post?

I don't know.
Zulu


I'm sure that's part of it. That and most of the younger generation just doesn't "get" woodworking and other old guy activities. I don't have a modern phone, and don't do FB, Twitter, Snapchat or the dozens of others that compete for 5 sec of somebodies eyeballs. Got better things to do than walk in front of a bus while texting. :roll:


I'll second that!

_________________
Sean

Countin' flowers on the wall,
that don't bother me at all,
smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo,
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do.

Second recipient of the D'oh Award. 4-13-08


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 am
Posts: 3843
Location: Skagit Co WA
As for participation here in this forum, I don't let a time go by that I sit down in front of my screen and not check in to see what people are doing. Facebook and the like are interesting but this place is more like sitting around the table at the local coffee house. Or pub, if you will.

_________________
Nullum Gratuitum Prandium

Cheers - Dennis


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:51 pm
Posts: 179
it has slowed down here. I noticed a big change from when I quit posting due o being out of the country and not having access ww-ing tools etc and since I returned to the forum. A lot of the old timers are gone. Hopefully we can keep this forum going by us who remain posting their projects etc.

My stuff should be getting delivered Monday so once I get the house and shop set up Ill be wood butchering again and definately posting photos and Im sure Ill have a butt load of questions to.
If all of us did that there is a chance we can make this forum more active again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 1171
Location: Indiana, brookville
I still check in and read post.. Haven't been done much woodworking the last few years mainly cycling

_________________
If you don't have time to do it right the first time when are you going to find time to do it again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:01 am
Posts: 1884
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Well, I've been doing more woodworking this last couple years....really into the neanderthal version....and have been restoring vintage tools a lot. One of my biggest frustrations is posting pics. I have a hard time staying up with technology. Photobucket made it easy but it's gone now. I updated my Mac and it works smoothly with iPhone but haven't figured out how to use iCloud to post pics. I may try the email route Jim suggested on the pig out post. I Feel guilty for not sharing the burden with Tom, Jim, Dennis and the rest of the regular posters
I've seen hundreds of folks leave the forum....kinda sad but just seems to be the way of things. I've been around quite a while now and look forward to 'new' posts just about every day.
Good to see Ron coming back! And LB is a sight for sore eyes! Maybe things will pick up.

Don


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Cypress, TX
I too, check in here every day.
I promise to start posting more stuff.
Just hope I don't bore everyone to death. :(
Zulu

_________________
Zulu's website
http://www.jmelledge.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
Don2Laughs wrote:
Well, I've been doing more woodworking this last couple years....really into the neanderthal version....and have been restoring vintage tools a lot. One of my biggest frustrations is posting pics. I have a hard time staying up with technology. Photobucket made it easy but it's gone now. I updated my Mac and it works smoothly with iPhone but haven't figured out how to use iCloud to post pics. I may try the email route Jim suggested on the pig out post. I Feel guilty for not sharing the burden with Tom, Jim, Dennis and the rest of the regular posters
I've seen hundreds of folks leave the forum....kinda sad but just seems to be the way of things. I've been around quite a while now and look forward to 'new' posts just about every day.
Good to see Ron coming back! And LB is a sight for sore eyes! Maybe things will pick up.

Don

Try IMGUR. Works well, free, fast, no ads. Here's the help page if you want to try it out.

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:00 am 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:01 am
Posts: 1884
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Thanks, Gene. I pulled the trigger and am uploading albums now. Looks like a small learning curve to get them here.

Don


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group