WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: After a long absence.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:15 pm 
Veteran

It has been a long time since I last visited. During that time, I have moved from my place in Alabama, to a home closer to family in NW Florida. Purchased a nice modest home, newly painted inside, and all new appliances and heat pump. I did have to acquire a much smaller portable building for my woodworking hobby, 10' X 20' metal. I sold my bigger tools, and plan to purchase a work site TS, and smaller jointer and BS. I have all my lights and outlets installed and power to the shop. Need to build some shelves, work tables against two walls, and some pegboard on part of the walls.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:39 pm 
Veteran

Use care when choosing a job site saw, some of them are very loud when in use. I suspect that you will be getting a 4" jointer and perhaps a 12 in band saw.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:13 pm 
Veteran

Welcome Back Yank,
Doubly what Paul said!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:14 am 
Veteran

Paul Gauthier wrote:
Use care when choosing a job site saw, some of them are very loud when in use. I suspect that you will be getting a 4" jointer and perhaps a 12 in band saw.

Right Paul, possibly will wait on the band saw, to see if I really really need one, and also I am looking for a DeWalt planer. I already purchased a Porta Cable work site TS, from a man that bought it, put it together and never used it. Works quite well and not as loud as I thought it would be. One problem I have with it is, I can't remove the riving knife to do dado's and rabbits, only tried once to remove it, so will take another look at it to see if there is a problem I can remedy. Or, may just have to use my router to accomplish those tasks.