WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Projects ....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:09 pm 
Veteran

Haven't had much time in the shop to do 'pure' woodworking but have been trying to stay busy, though. Two big (to me) projects underway at the moment are 1)finishing the TV room/den sorta hideaway place, and 2)the laundry room.

Attachment:
laundry01.JPG
laundry01.JPG [ 94.09 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]

Can't quite figger out how to get these in the correct order but it's the thought that counts, right?!

Attachment:
tvroom01.JPG
tvroom01.JPG [ 118.77 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]

Since I view drywall work on an equal par with a colonoscopy, I've hired a guy to come finish the laundry room. That's the one with the washer and dryer in it in case there's any confusion. In the TV room, rather than deal with the decades old drywall and the hideous texture the PO sprayed over everything I found that indoor/outdoor carpet makes an ideal wall covering. Unfortunately it's a bear to hang since it's 6' wide and provided plenty of opportunity to refresh my vocabulary. That plus even knowing better I didn't verify all it came from the same dye lot. Meaning there is an obvious shade miss-match between a few pieces.

Oh-well, it's usually dark in there anyway in the evening when we settle in for the night's relaxation. Not to mention I'm most likely asleep after a couple hours anyway.

Also have to replace two exterior doors which are on order. Another reason to put off doing stuff I should be doing.

Happy New Year to everyone. My resolution for the coming year is to work up the energy to at last finish this place!

Attachments:
tvroom02.JPG
tvroom02.JPG [ 130.37 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]

Cheers - Dennis

Post subject: Re: Projects ....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 pm 
Veteran

Happy New Year right back to you Dennis. Looks like you have some work to fill in this winter.