WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:11 pm 
Veteran

The famous Elmer Keith firearms collection is being auctioned off this coming March. Now's your chance if you have a really obese wallet! This is likely to be the firearms auction of the century!

Quote:
James D. Julia’s March 15-17, 2015 to feature the Iconic Elmer Keith Estate Collection.
Over the course of the last several years, the auction firm of James D. Julia has regularly conducted the highest grossing firearms sales events in history. This accomplishment has been realized not by selling the most firearms at any given time, but rather by offering the most exclusive, important, and expensive firearms in the world, twice each year. Julia’s is now widely regarded as the world leader in the sale of investment grade goods and is THE preferred resource for buyers and sellers alike. In recent years, the roll call of Private, Estate and Institutional collections being offered reads like a Who’s Who from the firearms universe. These sales are anticipated and followed by an international audience of collectors, dealers, and enthusiasts. Most every major niche in today’s collecting world is represented in proliferation, in both quality and quantity.

James D. Julia’s March 15-17, 2015 firearms auction is shaping up to be an Event for the Ages and will be the focus of those passionate about firearms and firearms history. A highly anticipated grouping of firearms and accessories from the Iconic Elmer Keith Estate Collection will be a featured component of the sale. Many of these fabulous items have been on display at Elmer Keith Museum housed inside Cabela’s Boise, ID retail showroom. All items in the collection have remained in the possession of the Keith family since Elmer’s passing in 1984.

More, including canons will be auctioned off. See - http://jamesdjulia.com/catalog/?division=596

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:18 pm 
Veteran

Gene wrote:
The famous Elmer Keith firearms collection is being auctioned off this coming March. Now's your chance if you have a really obese wallet! This is likely to be the firearms auction of the century!

Quote:
James D. Julia’s March 15-17, 2015 to feature the Iconic Elmer Keith Estate Collection.
Over the course of the last several years, the auction firm of James D. Julia has regularly conducted the highest grossing firearms sales events in history. This accomplishment has been realized not by selling the most firearms at any given time, but rather by offering the most exclusive, important, and expensive firearms in the world, twice each year. Julia’s is now widely regarded as the world leader in the sale of investment grade goods and is THE preferred resource for buyers and sellers alike. In recent years, the roll call of Private, Estate and Institutional collections being offered reads like a Who’s Who from the firearms universe. These sales are anticipated and followed by an international audience of collectors, dealers, and enthusiasts. Most every major niche in today’s collecting world is represented in proliferation, in both quality and quantity.

James D. Julia’s March 15-17, 2015 firearms auction is shaping up to be an Event for the Ages and will be the focus of those passionate about firearms and firearms history. A highly anticipated grouping of firearms and accessories from the Iconic Elmer Keith Estate Collection will be a featured component of the sale. Many of these fabulous items have been on display at Elmer Keith Museum housed inside Cabela’s Boise, ID retail showroom. All items in the collection have remained in the possession of the Keith family since Elmer’s passing in 1984.

More, including canons will be auctioned off. See - http://jamesdjulia.com/catalog/?division=596

Yes Gene,
I have been contemplating purchasing the entire collection. It would be a small but nice addition to my current vast empire. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Zulu The Fabulously Wealthy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm 
Veteran

Zulu wrote:
Gene wrote:

Quote:

Yes Gene,
I have been contemplating purchasing the entire collection. It would be a small but nice addition to my current vast empire. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Zulu The Fabulously Wealthy

Figured you'd get a chuckle out of that. :wink: :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:47 pm 
Veteran

I'm familiar with the auction.
The first half of collector John Morris' extensive cannon collection was sold earlier this fall. The second half will be this Spring in the same auction you are talking about.
I saw your note that cannons would be there and knew right away what it was.

Maybe I'll buy all the cannons too. :-?
Zulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:06 pm 
Veteran

Zulu wrote:
I'm familiar with the auction.
The first half of collector John Morris' extensive cannon collection was sold earlier this fall. The second half will be this Spring in the same auction you are talking about.
I saw your note that cannons would be there and knew right away what it was.

Maybe I'll buy all the cannons too. :-?
Zulu

I'd love to be there for this, even tho it's way out of my league, just to get close to these guns. Lot of history there as well as art. :)