WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: costly tooth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:41 am 
Veteran

My dog broke a tooth and we took her to the vet. By the time we were done it cost over $550 to get the tooth pulled and medicine for her.
She wants her milk bone treats and can't understand why we don't give them to her.Before we took her to the vet she would yelp in pain when we gave her one. Now she wants them and doesn't understand why we do't give her any. She really is wolfing down the soft canned food we are giving her. I find it hard to believe what it costs to keep our pets these days, But they do make life better for us.

Post subject: Re: costly tooth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:03 pm 
Veteran

I understand perfectly. I love my 2 little girls. Since the wife left to take care of her mother and since my kids are working and going to school Im home alone with my babies. i dont know what Id do without them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:47 pm 
Veteran

Since my wife is no longer here, my 4 legged daughter, Sadie is my love. After having her, I'll never be without one.

Uncle Fester WWAMDAUX#3
La Plata, Maryland
Does Anyone Have A Comb?
Home Of A Beautiful DJ 20
I Say.... BUY DELTA!!
10,000 posts--Easter Sunday, 2008--7:43pm

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:11 am 
Veteran

Since my last post, my little fur baby got bit by a rattle snake. I wasnt home my 2 daughters were and noticed she was acting strange and favoring her paw one went to the bush she was starting at and heard the rattle. They immediatley hauled her to the local vet, they had to retusitate her and do some emergency procedures on her that saved her life. Since they are only open until 5 they had us take her to a 24 hr ER told us not to stop go diretly there. we set a land speed records and the vet called ahead telling them the situation, when we were 10 mins out we called told them our ETA.
They met us with a gurney hauled her inside and went to work.

These 2 vets and $6000 saved her life. Best $6000 Ive spent and would do it again.

That happened Fri she came home yesterday and today she is home resting comfortably high on pain meds and anti biotics, Shes drinking fluids but not eating. The ER vets gave us someting to make her hungry so she will eat. She did eat something when she first got home but noting since.

Last night first night everyone slept since this happened except me.

She sleeps with me and I kept waking up and checking on her.

The swelling of her paw seems to gone down to normal size and the bleeding has reduced alot. Snake venom will cause bleeding its part of its affect.

Taking her to her regulat vet today to get her blood checked.

I feel so blessed that the Good Lord saved her life after all the prayers ad crying by everyone in the family and prayers from friends....

To me she isnt just a dog or pet shes family like a actual daughter shes my best friend.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:25 pm 
Veteran

We have one of those and would do the same in a heartbeat.
Glad she is recovering.

Duan

dum vivimus, vivamus

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:48 am 
Veteran

People who don't have dogs and cats wonder why we spend so much time and money on them. But where else can you get so much love and loyalty? No matter what happens our pets give us so much comfort and joy.When the grandkids are 500 miles or more away the pets are still with us every day.