WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It's been over a year
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:40 pm 
Veteran

Since I posted or replied about anything, although I do drop in once in a while. Seems like y'all are still around. Anyway, I thought I should let y'all know I'm still alive. A lot has happened in the past year. I'm not quite ready to hang up my table saw, but haven't done any woodworking to speak of. My wife was doing poorly for the last 2 years or so for a variety of reasons which kept me out of the shop so I could care for her. She passed away this past Sept. after 51years and 5 months of being my wife and I pretty much lost interest in just about everything since then. And I'm dealing with some health issues myself.

So I've gotten back into shooting, since I have the room for it on my property. In the last year I've picked up a couple new guns that I thought I'd share with y'all.

The first is a bolt action Ruger Precision Rimfire in .22 mag. It's an extremely accurate rifle and I've equipped it with a decent scope and bipod for long range target (100 to 150 yds) and occasional varmint shooting.

The second is a IWI TS-12, 12gauge bullpup semi-auto that holds 15 rounds, 5 shells in each of 3 rotatable magazines, so you can load each magazine with say buckshot in one, birdshot in another, and slugs in the 3rd. Pretty cool but weighs almost 12 lbs loaded. :) Added a better butt pad and a muzzle brake to make it easier on my shoulder, and a Vortex Venom Red-Dot sight since it doesn't come with a sight of any kind. It's basically a expensive range toy, but could be useful in certain circumstances. It came with both improved cylinder and Modified chokes.

I don't know when, or if, I'll get back to making sawdust yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:27 am 
Veteran

Sorry for your loss
Losing my wife is my worst nightmare.
Came close in 2020 from compactions from Covid,
Again sorry for your loss
Monte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:46 am 
Veteran

Replacing a wife is not something you can do. Finding something to keep you motivated is important so you don't sit around and get depressed.I found shooting varmits a good way to reduce stress many years ago when i was really stressed out, I hope you get back into woodworking and create things so you keep looking forward.We are here for you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:41 pm 
Veteran

Gene,
So sorry for your loss. I was wondering where you have been, thought it was just the low level of activity here that kept you away. Hope you become involved here again.
Ron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:55 am 
AdminDude

Gene, I to am sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences.