WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: can't win for loosing
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:59 pm 
Veteran

When things were going badly my father used to say:"some days you just can't win for loosing." Was at a local club muzzle loading shoot today. I did not shoot well enough to win any prizes even though I did cut a playing card posted on edge at 25 yards. But i did win the wheel of fortune. I put the two halves of the card and my money winnings in my shooting bag. When I got home I only had 1/2 of the card and no money! I had lost 1/2 of the card and all of the money!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:28 am 
Veteran

Donald Weimer wrote:
When things were going badly my father used to say:"some days you just can't win for loosing." Was at a local club muzzle loading shoot today. I did not shoot well enough to win any prizes even though I did cut a playing card posted on edge at 25 yards. But i did win the wheel of fortune. I put the two halves of the card and my money winnings in my shooting bag. When I got home I only had 1/2 of the card and no money! I had lost 1/2 of the card and all of the money!

I'd say you need a different sort of "Shooting Bag" . Money belongs in a wallet or a pants pocket, :-)
...lew...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:44 pm 
Veteran

Today a friend who was at the shoot brought me the 1/2 of the card and the money I had lost. He found it where I had parked my truck when he went to get into his. Here is a picture of the card. Shot at 25 yards off hand with open sights using the target rifle I had made in the early eightys. I consider it good gun control!

Attachments:
card shot 001.jpg
card shot 001.jpg [ 85.54 KiB | Viewed 995 times ]