WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:31 pm 
Veteran

Me and the wife went to Best buy to buy some adapters to got from a coax to a RCA plug. Well this young girl (20ish) came over to help us she didnt even look at us and was texting the entire conversation, she said I had to buy a transformer ($79) bc they didnt make a adapterand there was no other way to do it (which I knew was wrong) I did appollogise for interupting her texting which she replied (not looking up but still texting) this is job related as Im trying to find some one to fill in for me. I thought yea helping customers and not being rude by texting is job related to.

We went to a electronic store and got the adaptors ($6).

With the brick and mortars competing with the internet you'd think they'd hire people who actually were interested in making a sale.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 am 
Veteran

She was trying to make a sale... A $79.00 SALE !
Most young people think that their showing up for the job should entitle them to at least a $15.00 an hour wage. If you need knowledge or put forth any effort at all, their pay check should reflect that.
"Hey, I make the same money per hour if I help 1 person or 5 in the hour so just wait a minute and I'll get to ya. "

An ounce of responsibility is worth a pound of State and Federal laws.

I spent most of my money on woodworking
tools and beer, the rest I just wasted.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 am 
Veteran

Hey, Ron! I would have found the manager and told them. I would hope they would have done something about it.

Uncle Fester WWAMDAUX#3
La Plata, Maryland
Does Anyone Have A Comb?
Home Of A Beautiful DJ 20
I Say.... BUY DELTA!!
10,000 posts--Easter Sunday, 2008--7:43pm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 am 
Veteran

Rapid Roger wrote:
She was trying to make a sale... A $79.00 SALE !
Most young people think that their showing up for the job should entitle them to at least a $15.00 an hour wage. If you need knowledge or put forth any effort at all, their pay check should reflect that.
"Hey, I make the same money per hour if I help 1 person or 5 in the hour so just wait a minute and I'll get to ya. "

sad isnt it. When I worked I gave my job all my effort. My how things have changed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 am 
Veteran

Larry Norton wrote:
Hey, Ron! I would have found the manager and told them. I would hope they would have done something about it.

Larry,

I was thinking of doing that.

Then I thought their are best buys all over the place.

There is another just a few miles up the street.

Ill do my complaining with my wallet.

So how you doing?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 am 
Veteran

It is all over the place I have set in a restaurant waiting for some one to take my ordered I could see the servers standing around talking (most of them 20's)

Bad customer service is not limited, last new work van I purchased I knew more about the vans than the most of the truck sails men?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:50 pm 
Veteran

we went to a resturaunt that we used to go to before we went to the UK. My wife and girls said they wanted to go there after church when we were picking a place to go eat. Well we went sat down it felt like forever before a waitress appeared. Even the hostess asked us if we ordered yet to which we said No!. When Hazel (made up name are they all named hazel?) appeared , I mentioned we were just about ready to walk bc of the wait. Dont remember what she said but I do remember it was she didnt care. Well we got out food, it wasnt as good as we remembered. That was the last time we darkened their doors havnt been back and wont go back. I dont my buyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 pm 
Veteran

I am not doubting that a lot of young people working at low end jobs don't give it their all, but I'll take a different tack here and defend millenials. My three daughters, and most of their friends, Worked hard in High school, took advanced placement classes, played sports and held a part time job. Most of them went to college took hard majors and are now working hard and making some serious folding green. I wouldn't admit it to them, but they could work circles around me :oops: ...........they are smart, educated, and know the technology too. If you run into a kid who can't make change, or doesn't seem to care, don't assume the whole generation is like that...............they're not.

My 2 cents.

Ron