WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 pm 
Veteran

Some of you may recall that about 15 years ago, due to poor health, I had to close mi garage shop. In the ensuing years I've also become nearly blind. So for quite a while I've been desperately searching for something to do with my hands.

Now I I may have stumbled on a possibility -- sharpening. With some great magnification, I might be able to do it. Unfortunately, I live in my wheelchair and can't get around to flea markets and garage sales and such, so if any of you have an old chisel or plane iron or two that I can practice on, I will appreciate it. I'll reimburse you for any expense. Thanks in advance.

Mailing address:
Bill Sharp
700 E. Ocean Blvd. #1204
Long Beach, CA 90802-5035.,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 am 
Veteran

Do you want some blades to keep or is this an enterprise, Bill. I have both for you and will send whichever you want. I have PLANE blades that have been awaiting restoration for years...and I'll get to them when I get a rountuit ..... but those are hard to find, too. :D I would love to have someone work on them and happy to pay for it......And I can probably find several chisels you could have to practice on.
BTW... the jigsaw is a Keeper!!

Don

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm 
Veteran

Don, I'd like a couple to practice on first. If I get proficient, then I can consider sharpening for you and others. :o This is not an enterprise; just something I may be able to do that will keep me in touch with woodworking..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 am 
Veteran

I'll see what I can get in the mail to you ASAP, my friend. Sharpening is one of the most important things we do in working with wood....and it is very gratifying to 'get it right'!!
Good luck,

D