WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My New Shop
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 pm 
Veteran

Well fter going through the inventory of the stuff I had shipped back , I sort of got my shop set up so I thought Id show yas what I came up with. First thing I did was demo my old one mean got rid of the cabinets saved what I thought was useful took the rest to the dump (Tip in English speak). I fill my truck up with scrap way more then I thought Id have

So Now how do I get the most storage and work space out of this small area? i used spur shelving in England so i thought why not?

I set all my systainers/ sortainers on the shelves in the rear of the shop sanders with their paper, domino with the dominos etc. I set one of my MFTs right in front of the systainers. . It has my CMS VL which attaches to the MFT on it. I usually have my router in it If you look on the lower right of the photos you'll see my CMS GE which is free standing, I use a TS 75 module for my table saw. Its folded up lying against the wall with the module hanging on a shur rack with other modules I have including one I made. ( I plan on making more modules for other bench tools I have).
As you can see the spur shelving really gives me alot of space for storage and work.

Here are some photos of the shop with the CMS's set up with the cabinets before I demo'd them and some photos after I finished installing the spur shelving. The big box in the back is a Grandfather clock I still got to make room in the house for as we are still unpacking. But that corner is unused so I have plenty of room left to fill. I was thinking of putting my Jointer there (the only stationary tool I have left) and my 3 roll aways will fit there.

I still need to do something with the floor, its well ugly :>D

Anyway just letting have a loo at what Ive been up to. Soon Ill be butchering wood again :>D

Post subject: Re: My New Shop
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:40 am 
Veteran

Looks great. Betcha can't wait to start making sawdust!

Cheers - Dennis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
Veteran

Almost there cant wait :-D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:16 pm 
Veteran

That's too much room, Ron! 'Bout 2 1/2 times bigger than mine :cry: But you can make it work if you like walking from tool to tool....I just have to turn around.
Great to see you getting established to unleash the passion!! Keep us updated...

Good luck,

Don

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 am 
Veteran

Will do Don. Got the OK from the boss (wife) to move that Grandfather clock out of the shop and set it up in the house. So Ill have some more room. It wont be long now. 8)

Oh I saved some of the drawers from my smaller cabinets and took the slides off and decided to use them as trays, for easy access. Small cabinet maybe 4 of the them and added shelves to. So once I start getting things Ill have plenty of storage,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:36 am 
Veteran

Looks great Ron,
you must be well pleased with it!
eric

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:36 pm 
Veteran

Hi Eric, after I got things sorted its coming together. Im running to the shop to get some baltic birch to make drawers tomorrow and stop by Mohawk finishes to get some finish for them.

Looking fwd to it :)

Got a few projects in the works for some folks to.

How does "Rons Bespoke Woodworks" sound?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:57 pm 
Veteran

Hey Ron,

The only problem with "bespoke" is that it implies that you're only making things that other folks ask for. I've been making stuff that I like to make, hoping that other folks like them enough to spend a dime or two. I also don't keep regular hours, that's why I chose Fremont Occasional Woodworks. :D

Cheers,
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 am 
Veteran

Thanks for info Tom,

It sounded good So I went with it .

I build stuff folks want me to build. Not to often as Im not a full time shop, I don't have a product line.

There are things that I enjoy building though. I havent built them here in the states since Ive been back .

Nothing nice like you do. You really make some nice things.

but when I was in the UK. Small items that people liked.

Hey Im planning on driving up to Bremerton later this month.

Would you mind if I stopped by? Id really like to see your shop and get to meet you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:26 am 
Veteran

Hey Ron,

Sure, come on over. My shop is a 90 minute ferry ride and a 10 minute drive from Bremerton. I'll send you my phone# in a PM. Give me a call when you know when you'll stop by.

Cheers,
Tom