WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:56 pm 
AdminMama

A couple of router bits, some round templates and hinges for a drop-leaf table? Mostly to make a new table for my new camper, but also for a wine bottle rack in my newly remodeled kitchen ;-). (No, I didn't make the cabinets!)

Yes, it's been a while. I traveled about 25,000 miles in my 5'x10' teardrop in the past two years, traveling in 27 states. Sunny Day and I had fun, especially for 3 months in Arizona last winter.

We'll head back to Arizona after Christmas and spend the winter in warmth in the new T@B camper that is 15' long, 6.5' wide. With an inside bathroom/shower, kitchen, queen size bed, furnace, A/C and fridge, we 'll be living the life of luxury! And I'll have a nice cherry table personalized by me to compliment the clear birch cabinetry inside.

Hopefully I can also get the 12 to 14 wine bottle rack built before I leave. If not, I'll probably have full size drawings done by the time I get back.

Nice to see everyone is doing well, and that sawdust is still being made. Holler if you see me drive by !

Verna with Sunny Day in the Hoosier T@B

Attachments:
File comment: View out my window overlooking a cove at Salamonie lake
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 3.77 MiB | Viewed 2745 times ]
File comment: Salamonie State Park, Northern Indiana
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 2.75 MiB | Viewed 2745 times ]
File comment: Chain O Lakes State Park, Northern Indiana
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 2745 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:19 pm 
Veteran

Yer havin' way too much fun, Verna! (grin)

Cheers - Dennis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:04 pm 
Veteran

:) I wondered how long you would find the teardrop was not adequet ? A long time I went through the same thing , from a tent trailer( with no facilities) to a towbehind then a 33 ft fifth wheel and never regreted the fifth with all the amentities, even a built in blender. good luck and make all the alterations and good luck. Make sure you go anywhere you want to while you can while you are able.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:25 pm 
AdminMama

My intentions were always to have a woodworking business after retirement. But the travel bug hit.

Dennis, oh yes I am having fun. It seems that on the road is a great place to be.

Frank, I think frequently of how I need to take care of the travel itch while I can still remember where I'm going and where I've been. Watching both of my parents leave this earth made me realize we're really only here for a while and I'm going to try to use it to have as much fun as I can, and to see as much as I can.

Frank, I gave up the tent camping in 2011, got my first teardrop (4'x8') in 2012, my 2nd teardrop in 2013, and hopefully my last camper for a long time this year. I still cook most of my meals outside, wash dishes outside, just like tent camping. If my sister got her way, I would be going to Alaska with her next year, but that's not going to happen. Too much drama with when we are together for long periods of time. She will be making that trip by herself in her RV.

So, see you along the road, and sometime at home if you can catch me there!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:05 am 
Veteran

You're a special Lady,Verna! Wish I could meet you. You have all my respect, admiration, good will and very best wishes. Thanks for thinking of us!

Don