WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:35 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
This is for folks here who appreciate fine weapons. Presentation of weapons is an ancient honor, and I'm proud to have played a very small part in this. :)

These beautiful AR's were custom made for MS Gov Bryant and his wife using top of the line parts and laser engraved by members of MS Gun Owners & paid for by donations from the members. They will be presented Dec 1, at the Gov. Mansion for his work in support of MS gun owners since his inauguration. Magpul 40rd Magazines and hand loaded ammo (not pictured), is included.

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:37 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:01 am
Posts: 9296
Location: Aurora CO
Purty! 8) 8) 8)


Pink?!?!?!? Excuse me ?!?!? That just ain't right. :wink:

_________________
Frank
WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Cypress, TX
Ice Pirate wrote:
Purty! 8) 8) 8)


Pink?!?!?!? Excuse me ?!?!? That just ain't right. :wink:



It's right if it gets your wife to go shooting with you. :wink:
Zulu Whose Wife Goes Shooting With Him Without A Pink Gun :D

_________________
Zulu's website
http://www.jmelledge.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
Let's not get hung up on colors, y'all. :wink: I'm sure that her's could be changed if she so desires, but you've gotta admit that in the long history of weapons presentations, this has got to be a first. Which might make it of considerable value in a hundred years or so. :)

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 am 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:01 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Hampstead, MD, USA
If we were to present something to the governor and his wife for their work on gun rights in our state, it would have to be either a police uniform or possibly a small blast furnace. :mad:

_________________
John


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:23 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:01 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Linwood, Ma, USA, The Center of the known universe
Nice, that kind of thing would never happen here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:36 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
Paul Gauthier wrote:
Nice, that kind of thing would never happen here.


Never is a long time. Things could change. :wink:

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 pm 
Offline
AdminMama
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:33 pm
Posts: 7249
Location: Indianapolis, IN
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the pink one. Although all of mine are either black, charcoal and gray, or just charcoal. Might just trade my charcoal one in for a pink one....if they have one when I'm ready.

_________________
Verna
Indianapolis, IN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:36 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:01 am
Posts: 9296
Location: Aurora CO
Verna wrote:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the pink one. Although all of mine are either black, charcoal and gray, or just charcoal. Might just trade my charcoal one in for a pink one....if they have one when I'm ready.



"All of yours"?!?!?!?

Why Verna, I do believe you are a woman after my own heart. :wink:

_________________
Frank
WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 pm 
Offline
AdminMama
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:33 pm
Posts: 7249
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ice Pirate wrote:
Verna wrote:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the pink one. Although all of mine are either black, charcoal and gray, or just charcoal. Might just trade my charcoal one in for a pink one....if they have one when I'm ready.



"All of yours"?!?!?!?

Why Verna, I do believe you are a woman after my own heart. :wink:


Yes....but I've done some horse trading lately and now I'm down to only two types of ammo--one for the shotgun and the other for the handguns....It makes it easier for me. I kept the kind that I'm most accurate with, is equal to what a lot of the bad guys have, and one that I'm more comfortable with than I thought I would be. I'm satisfied....for right now. Oh, they didn't have a pink one--doggone it!

_________________
Verna
Indianapolis, IN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
Verna wrote:
Ice Pirate wrote:
Verna wrote:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the pink one. Although all of mine are either black, charcoal and gray, or just charcoal. Might just trade my charcoal one in for a pink one....if they have one when I'm ready.



"All of yours"?!?!?!?

Why Verna, I do believe you are a woman after my own heart. :wink:


Yes....but I've done some horse trading lately and now I'm down to only two types of ammo--one for the shotgun and the other for the handguns....It makes it easier for me. I kept the kind that I'm most accurate with, is equal to what a lot of the bad guys have, and one that I'm more comfortable with than I thought I would be. I'm satisfied....for right now. Oh, they didn't have a pink one--doggone it!


Please tell! Whatcha got? and what ammo? Specifics if you don't mind. :)

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:54 pm 
Offline
AdminMama
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:33 pm
Posts: 7249
Location: Indianapolis, IN
It's a secret!

_________________
Verna
Indianapolis, IN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:45 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Hamilton, MS
Here's some pics of the presentation of 2 custom made AR's to Gov. Bryant (MS ) and his wife. More pics and narrative at: https://www.msgo.com/threads/msgo-ar-bu ... ost-536213

Quote:
I want to say "Thank You" to everyone that donated and made this build happen. A special thanks to Ricky Bryant of Bryant's Machine Shop for building the Upper portion of these guns and putting them together. Thanks to Firearms and Industrial Coatings in Vicksburg for Cerakoting these guns, they turned out beautiful!!! I also want to thank Senator Josh Harkins for organizing this so that it would be a surprise for them both. To pull something over on a man who has his days schedule printed in a 3-ring binder on his desk every morning when he gets to work is a difficult task, and we couldn't have done it without him!!! To say that they were both "giddy" would be an understatement. Oh, the deer you are drooling over in Photo 2, the Governor killed in Louisiana. What you can't see, is his Buffalo, 6x6 Elk and 2 other Whitetails that are mounted on the other wall. Enjoy the photos...wish you all could have been there!!!

Image
Image

_________________
Gene


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group