WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:01 pm 
Veteran

Hey gang, although today is unseasonably warm, (low 60s), it has been brutally cold of late. Between that and work and taking care of everything, I have had very little usable shop time. I have had some craft time and started something a little new for me, while Jo has been recouperating over the past 5 months. I know it's probably a fad, but I've gotten into Paracord Weaving. I first did a few braclets from a kit that had the instructions, and since have expanded and found new projects on line. Here's a few I'll post on my shooting instruction website for sale.

This is a blue and light gray braclet.

Here is a pair made with a bright orange cord that carries a reflective strand through the outer sheath. In the first pic, I took without the flash, you can bearly see the reflective tick, and the second, taken with the flash, it's pretty obvious.
Image Image

A purple single cobra weave.

I'd done a double cobra stich with 3 colors, woven to make a shoulder strap for my sister's computer case while she was here taking care of Jo. It was dark blue, light blue, and light gray, and I liked it so much that I made one for myself. I haven't shot pics of that one yet, but I did build on that one and laced up a new sling for my shotgun using the same double cobra weave, only with OD, Coyote brown and Desert tan. After that, I had some of each left over and made a matching braclet.

Here's the braclet face out.

And back out, these are reversable,

Comments and critiques are welcome and thanks for looking.

WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:18 pm 
AdminMama

I like your new craft. You've done some really nice ones. Love the shotgun strap.

That gives me an idea for my shotgun. I really don't like the strap on it, so now I know I can get some paracord and weave my own. I'll put that on my Verna-do-list.

Thanks for sharing, Frank

Verna