WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: galleries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:52 pm 
Veteran

What happened to the photo galleries. I am subbing at a new school and when i tried to call up my galery to show the students some of my work I could not find my gallery?

Post subject: Re: galleries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 pm 
AdminDude

Hi Donald,
Sorry about that. First some background info. Evidently someone uploaded a bad file to our image gallery which triggered a malware warning for those using Chrome on a PC. If I can't find the offending file (only about 7000 to sift through) then I'm deleting the whole bunch. And since the image gallery was intrinsic to the old message board which was acting up anyway, that one has been decommissioned in favor of the new one, what you see here.

That said, the images are all still there (for now) and you can access the home page at

http://www.woodworking.org/photo/

Unfortunately the search feature only works on the title of the picture or a caption if one was included. You can't search by username (I think). BUT, if you can find one of your pictures, you can find your album number which will bring up all the rest of your pictures. The album number is appended to the end of this link:

http://www.woodworking.org/photo/index.php?cat=xxxxx

If you can't find your album and don't have copies of the pictures on your hard drive, send me an email and I will do my best (limited time offer). For those who just want to store their pics online, my advice is try one of the free image hosting services.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience,
Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:57 pm 
Veteran

Good news. I understand about the malware problem. I will try and get my pictures off if I can. I have most on my back up disks but not all. I lost my old computer files when I got serious malware on the old computer. So there were some that I did not have backed up. I liked the gallery because when I taught a shop class I could call up the photo's and show the students some of my work and explain the steps to make them. The students pay a lot more attention once they know the sub knows what he is talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:40 pm 
Veteran

Thanks I found the pictures and got them downloaded to my new computer so I can put them on a flash drive. Now all I need to do is figure out how to upload new pictures to the new board.