WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:40 am 
Veteran

Well we are back from an amazing 5 days in San Diego-- we had such a great time going to Sea World, swimming at the hotel, seeing the natural history museum, and visiting the USS Midway. It was about 35-40 degrees cooler than it has been in Tucson, but that was just fine with us. Schools hadn't let out yet there and between that and the slightly overcast sky (June gloom) we were comfortable, sunburn free, and there were no crowds anywhere. The best parts though, were the areas of San Diego shared with us by Don (don2laughs). I got to spend a precious few minutes in his shop where he showed me some of his ongoing as well as beautifully completed projects. He gifted me a gorgeous little stanley 103 apron plane- it will be cherished (as will the veneer and scraper jig) for years as will our newfound friendship. We also went to one of the most mouth-droolingly awesome little shops I've ever seen in my life... filled with Lie Nielsen, Veritas, and antique tools... ( www.craftsmanstudio.com ) We got to spend an afternoon with him and his lovely Granddaughter (the same age as my youngest son) taking a boat to Coronado island and the next day we spent an awesome time out at Point Loma. We'd have loved to have stayed an extra day so we could visit the fair and see the lovely woodworking Don shows in his other post (as well as him at work making chairs) but we had to unfortunately head back to Tucson. We unpacked and cleaned out the car when we returned, and last night LOML and I sealed the grout and tile so that we can return the table/etc to the kitchen today. Altogether it was an awesome trip.
Lawrence

Ian, Don, and I enjoy a boat ride to Coronado island
New Buddies
View from Point Loma-- beautiful
Sea World was fun as always- my youngest took this picture
USS Midway at sunset- almost hard not to get a beautiful picture of her

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm 
Veteran

I love to see WWA friends get together. Pics are always good but WWA kids meeting new WWA kids tops them all.

Great report! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:16 am 
Veteran

Sounds like you all had a blast. Great that you got together with Don. Always good to hear when these meetings happen.

WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon