WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 pm 
Veteran

Boudreaux died and went to heqq. The devil assigned him the usual punishment...put him in the big pit where the heat was melting others. The devil came back around later to find Boudreaux just sitting back, not even misting much less sweating. "How come you not so much as sweating here when everyone else is screaming for relief from the fires of heqq?" Boudreaux just laughed and said, "Man I was raised in ‘da bayous of Sout’ Looziana. ‘Dis ain't nottin' but May in Breaux Bridge to me!"

The devil decided to really put it to him. He made Boudreaux get into a sealed off cave in the pit with open blazes and four extra furnaces blasting. When he came back days later, Boudreaux was sitting pretty, barely beginning a sweat. The devil was outraged, "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? You should be melted to a shrieking puddle in these conditions.." Boudreaux just laughed even harder and said, "Ey man, I done tole you. I was raised in Sout’ Looziana. ‘Dis ain’t hot! ‘Dis ain't nottin' but August on Cow Island!"

So the devil thought, "All right, a little reverse ought to do the trick." He put Boudreaux into a little corner of heqq where no heat ever reached. It was freezing cold and to add to Boudreaux's misery, he added massive icebergs and blasting frozen air. When the devil returned, Boudreaux was shivering, ice hung from every part of him but he was grinning and jumping up and down like it was Christmas! Exasperated the devil asked, “HOW?!?" "How is it possible? You're impervious to heat and here you sit in freezing ice cold conditions you can't be used to...and you're happier like if you went to heaven! WHY?"

Boudreaux kept grinning and asked, "Don't ‘dis mean ‘dat ‘da Saints won ‘da Super Bowl?"

Shun those studies in which the work that results dies with the worker.
-- Leonardo da Vinci