WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:06 pm 
Veteran

So I mentioned before that I was working on building cabinets for my garage. I stopped because of the Az heat. Its been nice out so Im back at it.

I decided on using melamine. I dont care for it much but it was the cheapest stuff out there that I could find. TSO Products made some great guide rail accessories. So I got their. paralell guides and a adapter that mounts right on the guide rail and the extrusion that will cover the width and length. I got 3 extrusions 20", 30" and 50". I got a couple of the paralell guide stops. they were very easy to calibrate and the cuts I made using a guide rail and track saw were dead nuts on. I alsi use the festool LR 32 system for drilling the shelf pin hole. So here are some photos of what Ive been up to. I got a festool edgebander and Im using 1mm thick white vinyl edge band. Ill show photos of that when I get to it. Shouldnt be long

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:43 pm 
Veteran

Melamine is a good choice for garage cabinets considering the cost of materials these days. Good luck and post finished pics.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:41 pm 
Veteran

You are getting them cut out. Now lets see some pictures of them complete.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:45 am 
Veteran

looks like its working this time cool

Last edited by RonTeti on Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:50 am 
Veteran

ill try one more time to post updates here.

looks like its working now...cool

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:29 am 
Veteran

good cabinets makes storing and being able to find things a lot simpler. I too often spend a lot of time looking for items I know I have but can't find.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am 
Veteran

Well a bit of a update. Harbor freight had a sale recently they had their 46" L x24" W rolling tool box on sale for a big discount I paid something like $289 for it. It has a wood top to be used as a light weight work bench and a lot of wide drawers and some deep drawers. When I installed the garage cabinets, I left a space in the center of the 2 runs of cabinets to put this tool box. I got the white tool box to sort off blend in with the melamine and bought some HF screw drivers and screw drivers and a set of metric wrenches. I already had some snap on and MAC wrenches and sockets w extensions ratchets etc. So now. I got to add some more stuff. I have a extra set of electrical 1000 amp screw drivers and pliers I got from Wiha to add to the tool box. It sure is noce not having to run all the way out to the shop now to grab a screw drive or wrench. Now i got to put un the bike rack and add doors to the cabinets.
and get the wife to go through the stuff in boxes that we can give to the goodwill etc.

Little by little. its coming along. But the weather is nice now so Im going to start doing some outdoor stuff before the heat of the Az summer comes in mid June- mid Oct.