WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:41 am 
Veteran

I finally finished the cabinet I was making for the wife. I won't be doing any more cabinet work for a couple of months or more due to catarack surgery. After finishing my daughter's cabinets I said I would never make another cabinet larger than my assembly table, so the wife measured the assembly table and had me make the cabinet four inches smaller, which is how the cabinet ended up 72 inches tall and forty two inches wide.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:59 pm 
Veteran

Don, when I was being deployed to the ME for 6 month tours, obviously I couldnt do any woodworking. But I did have access to the internet. So I took that time away from my tools and used it as study time. I went to you tube watch videos, message board read and added to discussions, In you case you can also watch woodworking/ home design/ home improvement shows getting ideas for future projects.

Sometimes I would get so busy that I neglected that part of woodworking. Lots of things you can do to pass the time until you can get to the tools again.

We'rre always here to buddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:55 pm 
Veteran

I spend a lot of time on the internet already since I had back surgery in November.I even read the local paper on the computer since I can blow up the print size. I haven't been able to read the paper for several months. Reading a tape measure or matching joints just doesn't work well when you can't see.I already have more ideas than I have time to build them. I spend a lot of time now going over past projects that I have made over the years thinking about improvements or changes.I still expect to be back in business after the surgery. But I realize I'll have to stay out of dust for a while after the surgery. Thanks for the encouragement.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:16 pm 
Veteran

Getting old aient for sissys thats for sure, 2 years ago I had my ankle operated on, then last year I went physical therapy for my left shoulder, it hurt like a &^$&$. Now my right one is hurting worse then the left one did. I have to go see the Dr tomorrow hopefully it will be PT for this one to.

Getting old aient easy I seem to be paying for my sins of my past. :o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:34 pm 
Veteran

All heqq broke loose just after I retired.
So, a word of advice to those still working,,
Don't Retire!!

Countin' flowers on the wall,
that don't bother me at all,
smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo,
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do.

Second recipient of the D'oh Award. 4-13-08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:07 am 
Veteran

I took an early retirement when they shut down the factory where I worked and started to substitute teach. Last year a young teacher asked me when I was going to retire, since he remembered me subbing when he was in junior high.I told him I would sub until I gave in the urge to throw a student down into a chair and shut up and do his assignment. The problem most people have when they retire is they start to only be around other older people. We need the youth to keep us young at heart.( One thousand and two flowers on the west wall.)