WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:55 pm 
Veteran

Built an awesome dining table. Done with my stain. Now I want to put a real durable finish on it. I don’t want lacquer because it makes water glass stains. I would prefer a very hard satin that I can spray on. I don’t want epoxy. I’m hoping I can get a couple tips from you guys and gals on the best non yellowing finish. Thanks for your help. Jim in Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 pm 
Veteran

While many will advise you to use polyurathane ,I like gym seal for table tops. If it is good enough for a gym floor it will do a table top. I have used it for over forty years with good results. I used it on my kitchen cabinets and they are still in good condition after forty years even above the stove which gets steamed often. I redid my wives oak table that her parents had over twenty years ago and it is still holding up well.Here is a shot of my grandaughter's table I made fifteen years ago and she used it until she started college.And here is my boy's chess and poker table made about twelve years ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.