WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 pm 
Veteran

Well my daughter's kitchen cabinets are nearing completion.The kitchen is too small to get the cabinets in one picture so here are a few pictures of part of them. The base cabinets were made three years ago and have been sitting in my basement. When they redid the walls they shortened the room by 1&/1/2 inches so I had to cut the corner bases with the lazy susans down and redo the face frames and remake a door. for both the left and right corner cabinets. One end of the kitchen is cherry and the other side painted poplar.The cabinets are 115 inches high made in segments.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:23 am 
Veteran

here is the island and some of the dinning room cabinets

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:23 am 
Veteran

beautiful and then some

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:53 am 
Veteran

Simply amazing work!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:30 pm 
Veteran

Looks like you have been pretty busy. Nice work!!
I couldn't build a cabinet to save my life. :confused:
Zulu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:25 pm 
Veteran

Zulu, we all have our limits, I could not build a cannon to save my life!I build rifles but never a cannon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:54 am 
Veteran

Donald Weimer wrote:
Zulu, we all have our limits, I could not build a cannon to save my life!I build rifles but never a cannon.

Well I built 7 cabinets for my cottage renovation and I learned a lot, I realize how much work and you have done right there Don. As far as Zulu's Canon's, the metal work always amazes me.

I just put up some cove molding around my cottage ceiling for the first time and realize that's a skill that I would need a lot of practice to get good at. Thank God for caulk and wood glue! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:02 pm 
Veteran

reelinron wrote:
Donald Weimer wrote:

Well I built 7 cabinets for my cottage renovation and I learned a lot, I realize how much work and you have done right there Don. As far as Zulu's Canon's, the metal work always amazes me.

I just put up some cove molding around my cottage ceiling for the first time and realize that's a skill that I would need a lot of practice to get good at. Thank God for caulk and wood glue! :)

You use trim to cover mistakes in the cabinet, wood filler to cover mistakes in the trim, and poor lighting to cover mistakes in the wood filler. I don't know why but my daughter would not let cover one mistake with trim I had made. or use the special trim I made for the 45 degree corner cabinets. The mismatches don't show in the pictures but they do show in real view. I made the trim but she won't let me put it up!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:23 am 
Veteran

Hey, Donald! You do outstanding work! You can come and work for me! When "Wood .n Wings" becomes a multi million dollar business, and it's getting there, I made $73.27 last year, you'll be able to tell people you're part of it! I can start you out at $2.50 an hour! And I don't do this for every body, but I'll give you a 15 minute break every week! How soon can you start?

Uncle Fester WWAMDAUX#3
La Plata, Maryland
Does Anyone Have A Comb?
Home Of A Beautiful DJ 20
I Say.... BUY DELTA!!
10,000 posts--Easter Sunday, 2008--7:43pm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:36 pm 
Veteran

Wow $2.50 and hour! That is twice what I started at with my first job off of the farm in 1960. I figure I make about two dollars an hour on my gun smithing and even less on my lawn mowing for my work as caretaker. (But I do get all of the fire wood I need plus deer hunting on 330 acres of prime land). I don't work for money anymore. I just do it either for the enjoyment, to help out littler old ladies,or because I am some what of a saddist!