WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:02 pm 
Veteran

So I built the Cabinets for the garage got them installed pretty much squared away (I still gonna make some doors for them) My plan was to leave a gap in the middle between the 2 runs of cabinets and I cut a piece to sit on top of the gap the same level as the 2 runs of Cabinets to act as a long shelf for storage. The gap/space is roughly 50" wide. I didn that so I could put a rolling tool box in it. One that has a wooden top on it for a light weight work bench. Harbor frieght ( I know I know) had a sale and I got one for about$100 off. (I had to order it because they didnt have the color I wanted which is white. So it should be here in about 3 weeks or so).

While I was there I bought a bunch of their tools for the tool box. Metric wrench set, screw drivers, allen wrenches, pliars etc etc. Im going to bring my tools from my shop also as I have a couple of sets of duplicate tools.

Since I live on a acre and 1/4 its a long walk to the shop to grab a wrench then walk all the way back to the house to do a quick repair or some light ,easy stuff on my truck and car. So this is like my family tool box, it will keep the wife and kids out of my shop grabbing stuff and not putting it back to.

Oh I picked up a few things for my shop they have some clamps that I really like and have had good luck with theyve held up well so I got some of those for my shop ad some files etc to.

anyway, Its coming together little by little.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:31 pm 
Veteran

Having a well organized garage/workshop is one of lives pleasures. I myself have two of many things simply because I could not find the first and gave up and bought another one only to find the first right where I had looked several times and not seen it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:08 pm 
Veteran

Glad to hear you are making forward progress Ron, having duplicate tools at my house and cottage make life easer for me too. Not having something you need close at hand more than makes duplication worth it!