WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What are you working on?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:41 pm 
Veteran

Hey Guys,

It's been far too quiet around here, so I suggest that we all follow the example of Dwayne and give out on what's happening in our shops. We don't need a full blown expose', just a few lines to reassure each other that we're still kicking. Who knows? Maybe your project will inspire someone else to get off their butt and make something.

Myself, I am working on yet another pair of Roorkhee chairs, only this time I'm using some premium materials. I'll post a better description when I finish the second one. I also have a client waiting for a coat rack/objet d'art, and a picnic table to build before the biennial pig roast.

Cheers,
Tom

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:48 am 
Veteran

Nice work Tom!!

It has been too quiet around here.
A lot of my stuff is pretty repetitious and I don't really want to bore anyone but here it is.

I am working simultaneously on Napoleon carriages #8 and #9.
#8 is sold already and #9 will go in stock.
I am also building three of my concrete cannon carriages. They are all sold.
Add to this a pretty large project that will be an 1836 Texas Navy display on the Lexington aircraft carrier in Corpus Christi. There is a lot of stuff to make for that one.

I'm pretty busy but still manage to go fishing! :D

Here are some pictures.
Zulu

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 am 
Veteran

I am retiring in June so I am gathering up my personal belongings and slowly getting them out of the 4 schools that I teach in. Problem is I really don't have a place for most of it so I am going to store it at my Father in Laws. I don't really have a shop at home so I am considering joining a woodworking club for next winter. I have a cottage to fix up this summer and fall. My heart attack in October pretty much squashed my plans for building something with my stash of cherry this year, so it moved to my bucket list. I have a jelly cabinet that I started that I should be able to finish in my garage. Leaving my job as a Tech Ed teacher after 35 years is kind of bitter sweet......feels a little strange after so long.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:57 pm 
Veteran

I'm finally getting started on a blanket chest I've been thinking about for quite some time. It's for our place at Taos Ski Valley and the standout feature will be a lid that is routed topo map of the ski valley. The map itself is 18"x18". With the height at equal scale to the x, y dimensions, the relief will be 4" deep. This will take several hours to cut, hopefully on the first try. The stock will be a stack-up of 3/4" baltic birch 4.5" thick. After cutting, the plies produce a very pleasing contour line effect. More as I get started.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 am 
Veteran

I'll try to get some pix uploaded soon on the stair railing project. This is proving to be one of the most challenging projects I've undertaken in this process of remodeling our older home.

Cheers - Dennis

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:24 pm 
Veteran

My most recent was more Telescope bases, then I built a little leg set for under a game box we have. That used up some leftover Walnut and was my reason (pronounced: " ex·cuse") to buy a bench top mortiser.

I have to finish fixing a drawer for my youngest daughter that is from my mom's furniture.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 pm 
Veteran

Unfortunately now that we've (finally) got some decent spring/summer weather I'm discovering how Mother Nature has taken over the property with a vengeance. Mowing grass is the least of it what with two acres, half of which is, shall we say, native wild flora. Meaning black berries and swamp grass up to my waist. So the last couple days has been spent taming the beast. But I should be back in the shop shortly.

Cheers - Dennis

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:14 am 
Veteran

tms wrote:
Hey Guys,

It's been far too quiet around here, so I suggest that we all follow the example of Dwayne and give out on what's happening in our shops. We don't need a full blown expose', just a few lines to reassure each other that we're still kicking. Who knows? Maybe your project will inspire someone else to get off their butt and make something.

Myself, I am working on yet another pair of Roorkhee chairs, only this time I'm using some premium materials. I'll post a better description when I finish the second one. I also have a client waiting for a coat rack/objet d'art, and a picnic table to build before the biennial pig roast.

Cheers,
Tom
Love that chair

That's not a goof...It's a design feature.
Dewayne

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:18 am 
Veteran

Zulu wrote:
Nice work Tom!!

It has been too quiet around here.
A lot of my stuff is pretty repetitious and I don't really want to bore anyone but here it is.

I am working simultaneously on Napoleon carriages #8 and #9.
#8 is sold already and #9 will go in stock.
I am also building three of my concrete cannon carriages. They are all sold.
Add to this a pretty large project that will be an 1836 Texas Navy display on the Lexington aircraft carrier in Corpus Christi. There is a lot of stuff to make for that one.

I'm pretty busy but still manage to go fishing! :D

Here are some pictures.
Zulu

Right on....looks good. I like to fish too but hard to find the time lately.

Dewayne

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:34 am 
Veteran

I'm almost done with my "twin dressers" project. Here's a couple process pics from earlier stages of the project. I think I posted these here before so pardon the repetition. I started the project over a year ago.

Dewayne

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 pm 
Veteran

Packed my shop up and it shipped out back to the states, it left today.

I will be D.I.W. until around Aug. Which is fine because Ill be retiring in Sept and then Ill have plenty of time to set it up right

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:57 pm 
Veteran

I'm still working on the Cherry dining room table for Liz. I'm supposed to have it done by Christmas, oh, wait... that was Christmas 2016.

Uncle Fester WWAMDAUX#3
La Plata, Maryland
Does Anyone Have A Comb?
Home Of A Beautiful DJ 20
I Say.... BUY DELTA!!
10,000 posts--Easter Sunday, 2008--7:43pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:36 am 
Veteran

I just finished a 2 step folding "thingy" for the daughters pantry and was going to post a pix or two
but now I don't know if the Cursed PB is going to work. Think I'll try it anyway If just get the stupid warning about 3rd party using the [IMG] I'll have to find another place to post them.
...lew...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 am 
Veteran

Lets see if this outfit links a picture . :-)
...lew...
How about that ? It worked. [ PostImage.org ] I have a couple more of the underside and lower detail .
..lew..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:56 pm 
Veteran

I try to teach my youngest son to turn bowls. He has turned green wood between centers before but now it was glued scraps in the chuck.
Thanks for watching. anders

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.