WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The skin is in,
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:30 pm 
Veteran

... or in other words, the hide has arrived.  And Peggy Tzu, it's not the world's largest dog chewy, sorry.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not a good multitasker.  In fact, I tend to be a linear, methodical, single minded unitasker; much to the chagrin of my very capable multitasking wife, Kristen.

Some time ago, I completed the wooden elements for a couple of Roorkhee chairs, but I'd given up waiting for the leather to arrive, and started on a different project.  Of course as soon as I started on the next project, the leather arrived.  So today, I shifted gears and spent the morning cutting out the leather parts.

I'm reasonably confident when picking out wood, or ordering it online, but leather is not my forte', and it seems that anyone can name a leather product anything they like, so it's hard to know what you're getting if you haven't bought it before.  This side (1/2 of a hide) turned up a bit softer, but thicker, than what we used in the class were I learned to build this the chair.  So these next two chairs will look a bit more rustic, but should be very comfortable.

So now, I have three projects in the air at once, and I'm starting to sweat a bit.  This is not the leisurely retirement I had once envisioned, but I'm sure to sort it all out, and enjoy every minute of it. :D

Cheers,
Tom