WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hard to say
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm 
Veteran

Hard to say wich products made today that will last.
I have a Festo router that has last 20 years of teenage student abuse. -I´m not sure a Festo produced today will stand that test...
I regulary use my grandfathers Metabo sander that is 45 years old. I works like a dream, with new brushes and some replacement ruber pads and a new cord. It has outlasted several others cheaper ones that was impossble to repair/get parts for.
For my school I try to buy as good quality as possible. Blue Bosch line, Makita and Hitatchi I think is lasting very well. Said so I have got also to Asian battery powered screwdrivers that is 5 years old. I bought them for 30 USD each at the local gas station. Still working beatuifully and holds charge well even though they are used daily.
/Anders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 pm 
Veteran

Sky, I haven't bought a lot of sandpaper from them but what I have works well. The main stuff I have bought from them is belts for my stationary belt sander. I used to go through a bunch a belts, since I got there belts I haven't had to buy any more.
Well I did by quite a few. :lol:

I have two sanders right now the Dewalt and PC. They have served me well over the years. The only reason I have two is that the Dewalt had a problem several years ago and I had to take it to one of their service centers for repair. While I was waiting I got the PC to use on the project I had going right then. I will admit that haveing two with different grits on them is handy.

However a couple of years ago I was really looking at the Festools. I really wanted better dust extraction from the sander. The Festool sure filled the bill.

But funds were not available at the time so I didn't get one, shucks! Maybe some day.