WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:43 pm 
AdminMama

It's cooling off a bit in the MidWest, so we should be getting back to being productive. :wink:

Me......WAMM Festival tomorrow (Wine Art Music Microbrewery). Andrew, his wife, Aden, Chance, our younger sister and I will be going. It's a toss-up what is better....the wine-tasting or the Art :lol: :lol:

Then on Sunday, I've put it off long enough. I HAVE to tackle cutting the counter top in the camper. I've gotten really, really great advice, and if I mess it up, then I get to fix it. So, I'll just do it. I'm probably just over-thinking it and I just need to forget about messing it up and try to look positive and look like I've done it a dozen times :roll:

Verna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm 
Veteran

Hey Verna,

Well, the rocking chair project is still calling to me, but this weekend is devoted to taking my youngest god-daughter up to Berkley to start school, and then to taking her mom and dad out to dinner in San Francisco to take their minds off of becoming empty nesters.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm 
Veteran

Yes Verna, it is getting cooler in the midwest....If you call 97- 98 degrees cooler. :mad:
Think I'll probably do the same thing as I have been doing for the last few week ends.....Stay inside the shop and try to create some small project to fiddle with. :roll:

Rog

An ounce of responsibility is worth a pound of State and Federal laws.

I spent most of my money on woodworking
tools and beer, the rest I just wasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 pm 
Veteran

Buckmasters Expo is in Montgomery this weekend, so tomorrow will be a busy day walking around the civic center.
Troy Landry and his son Jacob, (alligator hunters from Louisianna, and on the Swamp People reality show) will be there. So will listen to them and look at all the displays etc.,

WW'ers I have met.
Guroo
Verna
Wooder
Paul, (brother,)
Falcon1.
Gene and his friend George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 pm 
Veteran

Hopefully learn to quit making stupid mistakes practicing with my new Leigh dovetail jig so I can get serious about putting together some drawers for a dresser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 pm 
Veteran

Canal trail work day tomorrow and helping with maintenance on the mountain bike trails sunday. That has been almost every weekend this summer for me will get more shop time when it cools down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:01 am 
Veteran

Working on new garage cabinets, a little at a time in the cool mornings.
I still have the job of cleaning off/out the old one and getting it out of there.

WWASCAUX#1/WWAMDAUX#11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:59 am 
Veteran

I am finishing up a small, natural-edged walnut table. I'll post pictures of it when I'm finished.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:18 am 
Veteran

Well, last night I did some more work on another "toy shelf" that was requested by a friend similar to this one
http://www.woodworking.org/InfoExchange ... hp?t=29475

I went to bed and just work up and am going to do a little exercise and then finish up the shelves. At 0830 we need to pick up our bountiful baskets order. Tonight we are going to the desert museum for one of their "summer nights" which we always really enjoy. Tomorrow we are having some friends over for lunch and that about sums it up...

Lawrence

Post subject: Form before function...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 am 
Veteran

If I work on anything in the shop this weekend, it'll be a temporary set of counters (2) for the office. Nothing fancy, just some old cabinet ply I had layin' around and a couple of large oak planks (which will probably remain unfinished until I decide what I REALLY want to do in there!). Got started on them, realized I had misplaced a couple of things, so now I have to get back to it and finish it. Hopefully by the first of the week!! But first... gonna enjoy the weekend with my beautiful lady. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:44 pm 
Veteran

Finishing all the cutting and drilling for a cypress Adirondack chair LOML requested. WAYYY more jigsaw work than I'm used to. It's a ton of parts. LOML is doing all the painting so I'm happy. My work is done... Will show pictures once it's painted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 pm 
Veteran

Where I work gets up to about 65 and the home area usually runs about 100 so I'm not sure if it's cooling off or not around here :lol:

My plans for this weekend are to work on some more picture frames and possibly finish building the frame for a cage to go over my strawberry patch. The birds keep eating them before they even get close to ripe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 pm 
Veteran

PK: It sounds like a KISS man living in a KICKME world :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:31 pm 
Veteran

Today. Saturday was the joint picnic between Northwest Washington Wood Turners and Northwest Corners Woodworkers. As ordinarily happens with potlucks like this, I ate too much but it's been fairly well matabilized by this point. Tomorrow we're headed up to a little town close to the border (Canada) to watch some action shooting in Custer. I'm afraid my 7" .357 would be a difficult piece to compete with - so I won't (grin)

Do have two concurrent projects in progress: the new vanity cabinet doors, the subject of the 'Darkening Cherry' thread I posted earlier and forming & pouring curbs for the paver'ed walkway from the front drive to the front porch/entry. Actually glad we had the picnic today since I think this was the hottest day we've had this summer. Musta been over 80. (hehehe)

Cheers - Dennis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 pm 
Veteran

newtooth wrote:
PK: It sounds like a KISS man living in a KICKME world :roll:

Ain't that the truth. Fact is I could have bought the chair for less than the time and materials but why would I do that? :-D