WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm 
Veteran

Had a Masonic ceremony to help with this afternoon, on the way home I stopped in at the Borg to pick up some more TB III. I managed to squeeze out one last board from the homeowner size bottle of TB II I was working with.
I toyed with the idea of buying the gallon jug, but until this venture takes off and we sell some boards, the standard size bottle will have to do. I just couldn't pull the trigger on $25 worth of sticky goodness yet. When I'm in full production mode maybe, but not today.

Plan today is to go out and glue up at least another 3 or 4 big boards, then work on some smaller/thinner boards plus something for a friend of mine who just got her RN. I thought a nice maple clipboard would be a nice gift and that's something I can whip up in a jiffy.

I'm also going to tackle the clutter which I've pushed into one corner of my shop as I finally get it into full 'working' mode. Part of that will also be to hook up my DC. Sweeping up is getting really old in a Hurry the past week or two.

Madison Woodsmith.
WWACNYAUX #1
2B1ASK1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:41 am 
Veteran

tore into my DW734 tonight... did a blade swap because it was beginning to 'bog down' when planing full width cutting boards just a bit.

Before I got to that, however, I removed a field fix from my DC, located and reinstalled the original bag and locking ring, fired up the motor and got old blue back in action:

better a one lung DC with a stock bag than no DC running in the shop. I have a 5mm felt bag, but I picked up the wrong size, and I need to figure out an alternative way to secure it to the DC. I managed to get it all assembled and working again, and then spent a good two hours getting 80% of my shop vacuumed. It was nice to see the floor without 1/8" of dust on it.

One thing the new venture will buy me is a better DC (this one will find a new home at that point) only after it proves itself and some money rolls in.

Madison Woodsmith.
WWACNYAUX #1
2B1ASK1